Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Note from Tim

I want to take the time to say a huge thank you to all of you for your prayers and support during this difficult time. I wish I could thank you all individually but there are just so many of you☺ I cannot say thank you enough. It has been amazing to see the body of Christ come together. I have read most of the comments on the blog and am simply astonished. Dennis, thank you for putting the blog together and providing the updates for everyone. Because of it more people then I know have been able to come together in the name of Christ and pray for me. It is a humbling thing to be in such a spot. God has been so faithful and has glorified himself and will continue to do so. All the praise is to his name.

I am feeling better every day. I do still have some double vision when I look to the right. The headaches come and go and the fatigue is something that still keeps me from feeling like my old self. But I have more strength everyday. I actually ran up the stairs yesterday though I probably wasn’t supposed to☺ My legs were quite heavy by the time I reached the top of the 15 stair flight, but it felt good to do.

I can’t tell you how much I miss all of you in Edmonton. I have a spectacular view of Mount Rainer out the window and a nice quiet place to recuperate, but I would not have traded it for any of you if I didn’t have to. I can’t wait to see you all in a couple of weeks.

To all the doctors and nurses that spent time with me in the hospital, I don’t know how to say thank you enough. I feel as though everything my life amounts to from hear on out is made possible because of all of you. You will forever have a part in what ever becomes of my life. Thank you. And Nurse Amy, I have not forgotten about that song☺

As I was reading the other night I came across a very simple verse that has meant a lot to me. Actually, it’s more like part of a verse. Psalm 62:11b-12a, Two things I have heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord are loving. It’s so good to be in the arms of a strong and loving God how is not only aware of all of our circumstances but cares, and has a great plan.

Please keep praying as there is still a long way to go. Pray that I find fulfilling things to do with my time as I wait to feel ready to get back to my assignments left over from my classes. And please continue to praise God for all he has done and is doing, in my life and in all of yours. Love is at the root of all of this. We can smile and enjoy one another and glorify God together.

Again, thank you, and praise God.
Tim

I will be giving contol of the Blog over to Tim today, so keep checking to hear from him directly.

Dennis

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise be to God!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Thomas Calamunce said...

Tim, good to see you've taken the blog over, still praying for you and I will keep checkin in on the site.

p.s. you should get some sponsors

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!! fROM WHOM MANKIND DERIVES ALL STRENGTH!! It is so good to hear that you are are up and at 'em! God is going to continue to use your story in a mighty way. You circumstance has already touched a number of my friends who do not know God. God bless you!PRAISE GOD!

P.S.: Tim, you truly are an exceptional young man, and your love for God is very evidenti n your everyday life. Thanks for blessing me by touching mine!

Amie-Rose Stang
Edmonton, Alberta
(formerly of Taylor)

Amie-Rose Stang

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Nichole Gruber said...

It was so good to see you the other day. It boggled my mind a bit. Thanks for talking to me about what life is like inside a medically induced coma. It really helps bring peace to my "Tristen" situation... I have always wanted to know if she knew I was there or not. And maybe she didn't know... maybe it was different for her, but it makes me smile just thinking that she did know. One day I will just ask her. Love ya Tim! And praise God! Nichole

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Heather Mowat said...

Timmy Tim Tim...
I am AMAZED at how far you have come and how God has MOVED MOUNTAINS in your life and in the lives of the gigantic number of people who know (and now know about) you! You are one my of favourite people and I am so thankful for your life. I firmly believe that God is going to blow you away with His amazing plans for you in the months to come.

Tim, I know you are anxious to get on with things (this was evident even before you collapsed... I have never met someone so eager to do full-time ministry), but I pray that you will rest assured that in His infinite wisdom, beyond all human understanding, God has you EXACTLY where He wants you for SUCH A TIME AS THIS. Isn't that a crazy but awesome thought?

Your love and devotion to Jesus have been so evident through all this. Your ability to 'praise Him in this storm' is incredible. Do you know that song by Casting Crowns? It's a good one.

Can't wait to see you when you're back in Edmonton for our Taylor grad!!!

Heather :)

5:42 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Tim,
Welcome to the world of blogging! You have earned 10 extra-more-cool points. Step out on the stoop to receive your prize of "one million punches in the mouth" (if you didn't read that in a Strong Bad voice, then you no longer get your points).
It's already been said...but your life and faith is something amazing to see. And God is definitely being glorified through your life.
I'm still praying for you!
Crystal

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Jamie Lambert said...

Tim, It was so awesome to see you on Sunday. How amazed I am at how God has been working in this situation. You are such an amazing man of God and I can't wait to see how He is going to use this in your life. Love ya Tim and Praise God for his faithfullness!!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Jeranon said...

Tim, it's great to see that you are recuperating. You are still in my continued prayers. It's been an honour to be praying for you, and an amazing experience to read about your recovery. I pray for your continued recovery.
I am very curious though... Are you playing piano again? I hope so.
Love and Prayers
Jer(emy Schultz)

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Cindy Smith said...

We were SO BLESSED, Tim, to be able to see you during our visit to Washington this week! Our kids have been praying for you nightly and it was such a testimony for them to see firsthand the miraculous healing you have experienced! Was awesome to hear you play and sing during the first service too. How appropriate the words of the song were! We will continue to pray for your complete healing!

Cindy Smith
Eagle, Idaho

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, I hope this finds you doing better each day - still praying for a complete recovery - have a great graduation - wish we could be there - our thoughts and prayers will be with you. Aunt Chris

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home