Thursday, June 22, 2006

So this is a hangover?

Well, I have been home for just about 48 hours and am starting to feel better. I think I have been experiencing an extremely large hangover. They pumped me so full of drugs. Could be withdrawal, can’t say for sure as I have little real experience in that area.

Surgery started at about12:00 Monday and I remember the doctors talking to me as they were putting me to sleep. The last thing I remember was having a good joke to tell them but I don’t think I ever got it out. Next thing I knew it was something like 3:30. They held me in an emergency room till around 7:00, then moved me to a much quieter room for the rest of my stay. They gave me some apple juice and something to ease some of the pain. I remember feeling really good for a time before throwing up apple juice strait up into the air. Well, that Isaac Newton guy was right on. At 9:00 Monday night everything was looking good to pull the piece out of my artery and begging my six hours healing time. Unfortunately the doctor was not able to see me until 9:00 Tuesday morning so it turned into a much longer ordeal.

Now, I am look forward to going to Colorado in a couple weeks for the NAB Triennial. I am also considering hading up to Edmonton were I have some friends that I would like to see, as well as a library full of the books I started using back in March. I still have a couple of papers to finish by August.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Gotta love throwing up when you can't move!! Glad that it is behind you.

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it with Apple juice after surgery? They gave me some too after my kidney surgery and the results were not pleasant either. Maybe the nurses should try it and see how they like it!
Glad to hear you are doing so well!
Niki Scott

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home